Tempered glass belongs to safety glass, which is a kind of prestressed glass. In order to improve the strength of glass, tempered glass is processed by chemical or physical methods using ordinary glass as raw material.
How to identify toughened glass:
1. From a conventional visual point of view: Tempered glass generally has stress spots. When you step back and look at its reflective objects, if you see a change in the waveform and a phenomenon similar to a haha mirror, it can indicate that it is tempered or semi-tempered. The glass is out.
2. Use a professional polarizer: the stress feature is the main sign for the identification of toughened glass, then we can observe whether there are colored stripes on the edge of the glass through the polarizer. If there is, it is tempered glass.
Three characteristics of tempered glass:
1. Safety: When it is damaged by external force, its fragments are relatively uniform, and they are all presented with honeycomb obtuse angles, which will not cause too much harm to people.
2. High strength: in terms of impact strength, compared with ordinary glass, it is 5 times that of ordinary glass; in terms of bending strength, compared with ordinary glass, it is 3 to 5 times that of ordinary glass.
3. Thermal stability: Because the processing method has advantages, it can withstand a temperature difference of 300°C in terms of thermal stability, which is 3 times that of ordinary glass.
In addition, when customizing doors and windows with tempered glass, you need to pay attention to the following:
1. In order to avoid rework due to size discrepancies, it is necessary to measure accurately when measuring to reduce unnecessary waste.
2. Tempered glass generally needs to be measured in two aspects: the width and height of the glass plate.
3. When measuring the width, it is necessary to measure the bottom, middle and top separately, and select the appropriate size to cut the width.
4. If the data on the top, middle and bottom are the same when measuring, then the size needs to be reduced to a cutting width of 3`5mm. In the same way, when measuring its height, it needs to include the installation part inserted into the upper and lower rails, so the measured data should be less than 3~5mm of the actual measured data.