As a kind of glass with a wide range of applications in daily life, tempered glass is well known by everyone. Compared with ordinary glass, it has the following advantages besides its high strength and high thermal stability:
1. When the tempered glass is subjected to external force, the fragments it produces are small particles of honeycomb-shaped obtuse angles, which will not cause too much damage to the human body.
2. Compared with ordinary glass, it is made by high temperature and other processes, which is 3 to 5 times that of ordinary glass in terms of impact resistance; 3 to 5 times of ordinary glass in terms of bending strength;
3. Because it is manufactured through high temperature, it has good thermal stability, 3 times that of ordinary glass in terms of temperature difference, and can withstand a temperature difference of about 300°C.
But under normal circumstances, if the stress of tempered glass is uneven, it will increase its self-explosion rate, causing it to malfunction and self-explode. The reason for its uneven stress is that its local stress distribution is uneven and the thickness of the tension layer is offset, which affects the quality of the glass itself to a certain extent. The uneven stress will reduce the strength of the glass. Therefore, during production, we need to ensure that the stress distribution of the tempered glass is uniform.
Of course, you need to pay attention to the following points in daily use:
1. Pay attention to the corner protection of tempered glass: If the corners of the glass are damaged, it will increase the risk of its self-explosion, because its stress points are mainly concentrated at the corners, so the protection of the corners is very important .
2. Avoid long-term pressure on tempered glass: many families now choose tempered glass as a tabletop table, coffee table, etc., but its pressure is between 70mpa and 100mpa. This pressure is multiplied by the force area of the glass that it can bear pressure. Therefore, in order to avoid the pressure value exceeding the critical point, do not place heavy objects on it for a long time.