Differences Between Insulating Glass and Laminated Glass
1. Insulating Glass:
1. Concept: insulating glass is an energy-saving glass product that is evenly separated by two or more pieces of glass with effective support and sealed by bonding around, so that a dry gas space is formed between glass layers to achieve thermal insulation effect. According to the number of glass layers, insulating glass can be divided into two layers and multiple layers, which are generally double-layer structures. Transparent glass, heat reflecting glass, heat absorbing glass or tempered glass can be used as the substrate of insulating glass. The insulating glass is usually produced in the factory. It is not formed by installation at the construction site.
2. Characteristics: good optical performance; Thermal insulation, reduce energy consumption; Anti condensation; Good sound insulation performance.
3. Application: insulating glass is mainly used for buildings with high functional requirements such as heat insulation and sound insulation, such as hotels, residences, hospitals, shopping malls, office buildings, etc., and also widely used for vehicles and ships.
2、 Laminated glass:
1. Concept: A composite glass product is made by heating and pressing PVB (polyvinyl butyral) resin film between two or more glass original sheets. The original sheets used to produce laminated glass can be float glass, tempered glass, colored glass, heat absorbing glass or heat reflecting glass. There are 2, 3, 5 and 7 layers of laminated glass, and up to 9 layers of laminated glass.
1) Good transparency.
2) The impact resistance is several times higher than that of ordinary flat glass. The safety glass with high impact resistance can be made by compounding multiple layers of ordinary glass or tempered glass.
3) Due to the bonding effect of PVB film, even if the glass is broken, the fragments will not scatter and hurt people.
4) Generally, different original pieces of glass are used. Laminated glass can also have durability, heat resistance, moisture resistance, cold resistance and other properties.
3. Application: Laminated glass has high safety, which is generally used as doors and windows, skylights, stair balustrades of high-rise buildings, shops, banks, shop windows, partitions, underwater projects and other places or parts with high safety performance.
HHG is a professional glass manufacturer and glass solution provider include range of tempered glass, laminated glass, textured glass and etched glass. With more 20 years development, there are two produce lines of pattern glass ,two lines of float glass and one line of restoration glass. our products 80% ship to overseas, All our glass products are strict quality control and carefully packed in strong wooden case, ensure you receive the finest quality glass safety in time.
More Detail: www.hhglass.com